Snobbery

logo-hermes-paris

AND


EQUAL DISASTER

The other day I had to run some errands downtown. I parked my car on Oak right next to the Hermes store. I have been eyeing the Clic Clac bracelet for some time, but I wanted to try it on and make sure it fit my large wrist. (Important side note: though I love fashion and buy a lot of it, I am normally in sweatpants day to day. Much to the dismay of my mother.) So I was wearing my usual uniform of sports bra, slouchy tee, and hard tail sweats. Let's just say that is not the way to go when it come to Hermes. The salesman immediately looked me up and down and said coldly, "Can I help you?" It was a very Julia Roberts/Pretty Woman moment. I quickly tried on the bracelet and ran out. Here's the thing: while I was planning on trying it on and then purchasing it on Ebay, he did not know this. I could have been a billionaire on the way back from the gym. And maybe I could be his best customer in a few years (don't go there, social work). Plus, does he really make that much money that he can look down on us peasants?

I called my mom to laugh at this story, and she told me I should have said, "Ahem. You are speaking to an award-winning blogger." Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment