Push the Envelope


030409_CB2_closet.jpg


Fashion rut.

Though those words give me the chills, I can't deny that I have had them. As have most people. Does it feel like everything in your closet looks the same? Have you been wearing the same clothes since the year 2000? Are you completely bored by your outfits? Is everything the same color? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are in a fashion rut.

The first step to getting out of this rut? Try something out-of-the-box, something you normally would never wear. It could be a new color, a new accessory, a new style, etc. Then wait for feedback. If your friends hate it, move on to the next one. If they love it, then add it to your wardrobe. If they don't comment at all, you didn't push the envelope far enough.

For example, I am going to try adding hats into my repertoire, specifically a bowler hat. It will look great with a vest and tee on the right person, but I am not sure that "right" person is me. But we'll see.

So what have you been wanting to try but are a little scared to??? Take a deep breath and go for it. I double-dog dare you.

1 comment:

  1. My browser isn't letting me see the pics! Grrr... and I am so interested that I even googled some of the people/events to see which dress it was. Will have to check them all out later. And in terms of pushing the envelope, any thoughts for your friend whose fashion-forwardness is slightly stunted...along with her growth.

    ReplyDelete