Shop for Haiti

I just received a comment about how I should not blog about $1000 shoes when we have a situation like the one in Haiti. First of all, I am not advocating that anyone should purchase the $1000 shoes. I personally receive joy just from admiring them. Secondly, I realize about .1% of the population can afford such items, but I want my readers to look at them and be inspired to find a look for less.

It is extremely important to support those in need and should really be a priority. That is not to say, however, that we should neglect the beautiful things in life. It is also important to appreciate things that make you happy.

However, if you have the money and can afford to shop, please do so! We need people to stimulate the economy.

To counteract my expensive posts, I would like to also recommend these purchases, all of which donate a percentage to charity.

Haitian relief b-side RIGHTS necklace
Haitian Relief B-side Rights Necklace- $125 ($30 towards the Red Cross)

THE LOVE SCARF
Tucker "The Love Scarf"- $48 (10% towards the American Red Cross Haiti Relief Fund)

THE LOVE TIE
Tucker "The Love Tie"- $52 (10% towards the American Red Cross Haiti Fund)

HELP HAITI TEE - WOMENHELP HAITI TEE - MEN

Kid Dangerous Haiti Tee- $35 (all proceeds donated to One Dome at a Time Emergency Fund)


1 comment:

  1. Much appreciated, gf! Haiti needs our help and that sub-par remake of "We Are the World" just ain't gonna cut it. On a related note, what do you think about bringing back some of the styles Michael Jackson made famous? I kinda want to show up at da clubs sporting a sparkling white glove on my right hand ... would that be "too much" OR "just the right amount"?

    ReplyDelete